Sunday, August 29, 2010

Take my breath awaaaaaaaaaay

No, not Top Gun or Jessica Simpson.  Although to go back in time to that particular Tom Cruise would be heavenly....

Today at church I was minding my own business, singing along to I'll Stand by Hillsong when alluva sudden I AM OUT OF BREATH.  Home girl decides she would like to do a handstand and sit on my diaphragm.  Bummer!  That song is so awesome! 

It is so weird to be laying down and be out of breath.  Or to be standing in line at Walmart and pushing my stomach around trying to find relief. 

"Breathlessness in the third trimester is caused by the now much bigger uterus taking up more space in your stomach – which pushes your other organs and reduces the amount of space which your lungs have to expand when you breathe in.  From around weeks 31 to 34 of your pregnancy your uterus will start to press on your diaphragm – which is the flat muscle that moves up and down when you breathe. These changes may make it hard for your lungs to fully expand. This may cause more shallow breathing, and you may feel short of breath."
Managing Breathlessness While Pregnant


And to wake up at 2am to not being able to breath is pretty annoying making yomama pretty cranky for the rest of the day.  Usually walking gets her to settle on down.  Down is where I want her to go!  I think I'd be ok going into labor early.  Well, no earlier than 36 weeks since technically she's not done cooking yet.

On a sad :-( side note, I have entered all FOUR of my kids on BabyCenter.com.  Ethan is 4 years 3 months old, "Your Child" is 28 months old :-( boo hoo!, Ernest is 14 months old, and Eleanor To Be is still coming along at 33weeks.  I had totally forgotten that I'd entered my due date immediately after finding out about "Your Child" and never took the info out when we lost "Your Child".  Talk about some close pregnancies, I tell ya we are filling that minivan up.


Ernest meets a cow. 
The cow finds a long lost cookie in the stroller. 
The end result- mom cleans out cow slobber the next day but by golly this picture is cute!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Please wait until for sure 35 weeks at the absolute earliest!!!! Trust me on that one!

    ReplyDelete