Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Ernest George!

Sweet little Ernest came into the world on the morning of June 28, 2010.  Don't ask me how big, how long, or the time.  I do not know these things about my children.  Let's just say "normal", mmkay?

And now he is ONE!  I'd have to say that the first six months were pretty trying.  He nursed exclusively for the first six months and wanted to be fed every.two.hours. for the first five.  For real yo'.  I don't remember much, just that we are all still here by the grace of God.  Then after I introduced baby food he wanted to be fed every three hours.  Not much of a relief but it's a start!  Finally, at 10 months I moved him to formula due to the pregnancy.  I haven't figured out how to do both, be pregnant and nurse,  because my milk wasn't as filling anymore to Ernest and he was cranky more often.  I needed to do better in the vitamin/eatting department.  At least I know if it happens again to eat better than just "good enough". 

Let me tell ya, I'm still pretty stinking proud of myself for nursing for ten whole months.  Considering we packed up and moved across the country, went through 3 seasons, and raised a then three year old, not too shabby.  My original plan was to nurse for a year, the move on to whole milk and start to wean.  We'll see how it goes with this one.

Ok, so now the internet knows all about Ernest's infant eatting habits.  Moving along now...

Happy Birthday Ernest!

We had his little get together with Kendall's sister, brother, future sister in law, one set of grandparents, three cousins, and over tired brother (and mother for that matter).  Just a simple cake and some presents while the kids played.  It was EXACTLY what I wanted!  Being with friends and family is all that mattered.


Ethan had been telling me for a few weeks that he was going to help Ernest blow out the candles.  He is SUCH an amazing big brother.  I'm in the hat (and yellow shirt.  Not the blue shirt thankyouverymuch).  My future sister in law is in the red, and my sister in law/Kendall's sister is in yellow.


Yay!  Ethan's super happy for helping blow out the candle, Ernest is just waking up from a nap, and Sarah's trying to balance Ernest and a cake.  Whew!


Ernest opening presents.  He actually did a good job and got the hang of it. 


Can you tell we read books together?  This card sang, so it was a definite hit.


Heather brought a chocolate cake for him to dig into.  He managed to get it everywhere and on everyone.  He's definitly my child- he loves chocolate :-).


And here's the "I need a nap!" face.  Attitude = melt down = nap.  Amen and amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment