Sunday, March 20, 2011

My husband's driving standards

We have a new roundabout in town.  From what I've heard, nobody in our quaint little town was very excited for this new feature to our infrastructure, but it came in with a bang.  Kendall says roundabouts are mostly used in Europe but I wonder if he gets that European Vacation.

A few weeks ago, on our way to my sister-in-law's house, we were able to try out the new roundabout.  The one we spent all summer watch being constructed.  Ethan was excited and apparently so was Kendall.  We enter the ring of fire and Kendall layed. on. the. horn.  Like, one big honk the whole time we were in it. 

me: What are you doing!  You're going to get us in trouble!  What if a cop sees us?  This is so embarassing.

Kendall: What?  I want be sure people see us.  They don't all know to yield.

Ethan was in the back laughing the whole time, and Kendall had a big stinkin' grin on his face.

A few days later we went through three of those bad boys in place at a nearby Walmart, and once again, Kendall layed. on. the. horn.

me:KENDALL!  This is so embarassing!  We're going to get in trouble!

Kendall: People need to be sure and see me.  Plus we have the rightaway.  It's a matter of safety.

Are all men like this?  The whole time he's honking the horn and has a big grin while I'm sinking lower into my seat.  We were all laughing, especially the boys.  Ernest even said "Weeeeeee!"
Today's fiasco-
It's a Sunday and we needed to go to the ATM while in the 'big town'.  Our driver's side window has a broken motor and needs some repair, so we don't use it.  As a matter of fact, right now there is tape on it holding it up.  We keep it classy.

Instead of driving up to the drive through, opening in the door to use the ATM, then carrying on our merry way, what does he do?  HE TURNS AROUND IN THE DRIVE THROUGH AND BACKS UP TO THE ATM.

I cannot make this stuff up folks.

me: You're going to get us arrested!  Isn't this illegal?  Why can't you be normal!  YOU ARE GOING TO HIT THE WALL!!!!!!!!

Kendall: Pipe down woman, I've backed bigger trucks up into smaller spaces.

Then, he rolls down my window from his side, asks for a $20, pulls forward to turn around then we drive off.

Once again, that mischeveous stinkin' grin on his face.

Watch out for the minivan with the 'Don't Mess With Texas' bumper sticker on it.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post!
    Loved it!
    I laughed so so so so very hard!!!!!!! My eyes had tears in them seriously! I loved this post!
    We have one of those roundabouts in our town and next time I have to drive through it (I always avoid it because they make me so dizzy!) I am going to honk the whole way around!!! Tell Kendall!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and also for the congrats!

    Blessings,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete