Monday, October 25, 2010

My love affair with Braunschweiger

Christmas of 2008 we were at my husband's father's home for a huge family potluck dinner. 

I think I was in charge of bringing chips.  Or cups.  Since I'm new to the family I believe they are breaking me in gently since Kendall's mom's and dad's sides both have around 40-50 people for any holidy "family gathering". 

Kendall's step sister presented a tray of B with crackers to which I inquired, "What is this stuff??"

And stuff replied, "Hello lover, my name is Braunschweiger.  And I take tastebuds for a spin."



DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS IN THAT STUFF!?!??!!

It's like a spreadable HOT DOG!  It's bits and pieces of liver with spices and SALT.  Slap it on bread with mustard and cheese and the German folks eat that stuff up

But oh dear, that stuff is good.  It's my secret love affair.  Strong southern women don't like funky things from overseas!  We don't eat things with hidden vowels and silent w's. 

Oh my this wonder Braunschweiger has won me over.  And the worst part?  Walmart carries it year round.

SAY IT AIN'T SO JOE!

3 comments:

  1. Nasty!!!!!! You are sick, woman! Don't breath my way after you've eaten it. Sicko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the way you write, Girl! You're hilarious. I also love braunschweger...and sauerkraut. ;) Must be the German part of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom used to feed this to us for its nutritional value and I still love it every now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete