Monday, November 15, 2010

It's a Tylenol Gelcap kinda day

I have a headache.  Eleanor has gas.  Serious.  Major.  Clear the room.  Gas.  I have been giving her sips of boiled fennel all day that have made her feel better for about a half hour, then she wriggles and toots and the process is repeated.  She doesn't want to suck.  She doesn't want to pacify.  She doesn't need to be changed.   Or swaddled. Or bounced.  Or soothed.  Yes, my head hurts.  What she needs to do, in my opinion, is poop!  She has not been a regular kinda girl, which freaks me out.  But she did sleep seven hours the night she was born, so I believe she's just going to be a freak-er out-er. 

Also, something or someone stank today.  I was even thinking it was me, so I was sniffing my hair, my shirt, the couch, cushions, socks, carpet.  What is that stink?  I finally discovered it was Ernest, who had pooped, in the kitchen and it was so rank I smelled it in the living room.  Seriously, what the heck did we ALL eat!?!?  So while I'm changing him and wrangling him down while trying to not get kicked in the face, Eleanor is sitting in her seat screaming that way too sad newborn scream, and Ethan is asking for help with his zipper so he can go outside and play in the snow because although he's still wearing pj's he can CLEARLY get the green light to go outside and play in the snow because he's wearing a coat.  Smooth move exlax.  This was all at 10:30 in the morning.  I think I started to count down the hours to bedtime at about this moment.

I needed coffee and I tried my new Peppermint Mocha creamer and it turned out to be a dud.  Big. Fat. DUD.  You have to use SO MUCH of it to get a hint of mocha and almost nonexistent peppermint.  And the first ingredient is sugar, not the peppermint or mocha I wanted!  I also purchased the Cinnamon Bun but it was a big tease because there's no cinnamon flavor in the doggone thing!  It tastes like normal creamer but with a bonus of sugar and chemicals.  My coffee is instant Folgers (it's a southern thing, mmkay?), milk, cocoa, a teaspoon of sugar, mix and it's a yummy/normal drink filled with stuff you can, get this!, PRONOUNCE!  Why do they have to add a bunch of mumbo jumbo chemicals?

Ethan needs a Minnesota winter coat and snow pants.  His coat would work in Dallas, not here.  He went outside and played in the snow only to come back soaking WET and freeeeezing.  Poor guy.  Tomorrow I'm going to search for a thick winter coat and snow pants for the dude.  Last time we were here for a winter, he wore those little kid looking snowsuits.  Now I don't know what I'm doing or how to keep him warm.  Geez.
She's starting to look more "baby" and less "newborn"! 

2 comments:

  1. Rosie has gas, too. And Ruby pooped her pants, as well. We have so much in common! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, did you ever find snow pants, or a jacket for Ethan? How about boots? What size does he wear? Christian just got all new stuff this year. Some of his last year's stuff might work.

    ReplyDelete