Monday, November 8, 2010

Feeling loved

Can I just dote on my friends and family?  I love them.  No, seriously, I love them.  I was just telling Kendall how much I love my friends and family.  I feel so much love from them.  I know that God has blessed us through them in ways they cannot even imagine.

I've had two people I don't even know stop by and drop off meals when Eleanor was born.  TWO.  One lady I have no idea where I know her from and she has no friend connection on Facebook or church... hmm...  angel?

I have a pretty small family and a pretty small extended family.  We send cards and emails and talk on the phone from time to time.  Very low key since everyone is busy or retired :-). But when we do come together is so nice to feel right at home, we pick up right where we left off.  We love on each other's kids like they are our own.   I want my kids to know my family, so we put up the prayer board with pictures of family so they'll know who in the world I'm talking about when I mention them.  Ethan still talks about Grandpa George and dad passed away October 2007.   My family is so special to me, every single one of them.

Kendall comes from a humungo family.  His parents divorced and then remarried so there are two families to keep up with.  And both of his parents came from large families to boot.  Christmas can be a bit tricky to handle to say the least.  I'm really blessed to have them all as my in-laws.  Eventhough I'm still trying to figure out who's kid belongs to whom because every time we all get together they've grown some more and I can't keep themy straight.  Plus they all look alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment